Postdoctoral Fellow position in Social Network Analysis and Computational Social Science at ANR-Lab
International Laboratory for Applied Network Research in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of application of statistical methods in Network Analysis, the study of network dynamics in time, analysis of interactions in scientific collectives, organizations, social movements, and informal groups, spread of information and analysis of individuals' behavior in media and online social networks.
- Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
- HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
- International Laboratory for Applied Network Research offers access to its databases and analytical software, as well as technical equipment and scientific community.
The position involves:
- Working under the direct supervision of prof. Valentina Kuskova, Ph.D Management & Decision Sciences, Head of International Laboratory for Applied Network Research.
- Participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on ANR-Lab research projects such as:
- Market Analytics and Forecasting
- Hidden Typology & Community Detection
- Correspondence Analysis of Multirelational Multilevel Networks
- Polynomial Transformation
- Establishing Measurement Invariance in Cross-cultural Context
- Nation-States and Networks in International Relations: Effectiveness Evaluation and Change Prediction
- Social Movements and Civil Participation
- Effectiveness of Public Policy Change
- Scientific Networks and Intellectuals: Social Impact and Global Outcomes
- Environmental Affairs and Global Governance
- Bibliometric Analysis of Scientific Networks
- Dissemination of Ideas, Beliefs and Behavior
- Analysis of the Networks of Soviet and Russian Sociologists
- Blockmodeling for the Analysis of Social Structures
- Involvement in Social Networks as a Factor in the Success of Entrepreneurs in Overcoming Business Project Failures
- Writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of International Laboratory for Applied Network Research;
- Participation in the events of the International Laboratory for Applied Network Research and other contribution to the ANR-Lab’s development;
- Public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- Some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Statistics, Mathematics, Political Science, Sociology or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals.
- Candidates should have a strong background in statistics, ability to work in group and conduct own research in relevant to statistics or social science field.
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required.
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
For more information and application process read here.